Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I'm Finished!

After weeks of sewing and unpicking, I have finally finished my project.

This project was a lot more difficult than I expected it to be, however it was a great learning experience.

The part I found most challenging was taking the dress up. Instead of hemming I unpicked the top and bottom apart at the waist, then cut the top off the bottom piece. I thought to myself this is easy, boy was I wrong. All i had to do was sew the top to the bottom piece, easy enough? Once i finished the pinning, it was time to sew. It wasn't till I had completed sewing that I found out I had sewn the wrong sides together. After resewing, I thought i had finished, I was wrong. The back pleates were hanging over the waist seam, yes I had to unpick once again.

Luckily my teacher took my dress home to finish for me. 
THANK YOU MRS WALKER!

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting